Thursday, April 16, 2009

eat.sleep.exercise.

i often feel like my life is one giant coping mechanism. i have quotes everywhere in my room... like

"perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."

"put on your own oxygen mask before helping someone else"

and self-help books like 7 habits, learned optimism

and magazines like health and experience.

i got a trainer a few months ago because i wasn't taking care of myself... and recently i've been eating raw foods because i got inspired from watching "crazy, sexy cancer" and identified with the cancer patient and her search for survival, which led her to eating raw. that's a little crazy to me, that i feel like i have a terminal illness. or that i don't have room to be unhealthy.

i often wonder what my life would be like if i wasn't trying to just survive all the time. what activities i would be involved in, who i would choose to spend my time with, how much time i would spend with god.

i've been sleeping about 4-5 hours every day this week, and tonight i crashed and napped. i'm no saint - i don't spend every waking hour doing work. but i know my work hours don't end at the end of the school day and my responsibilities follow me home.

it would be interesting to hear other coping stories.... or how people balance work/home - and still get everything done.

4 comments:

  1. When I am sad, I eat and sleep....some other people work out and take their frustrations out in a run or lifting weights....I wish I was like that! then instead of being sad and fat, I would be sad and jacked! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I don't want to do anything, I like to catch up on 24 or Lost and then dabble in Heroes but then realize how crappy Heroes is. TV is the best time waster ever! Other times I just read or sleep. I slept for 11 hours the other day because I wasn't getting any work done and I was tired. I wish I had better working out habits as well. Perhaps next semester...
    All in all it looks like I do enough school work to get by (not bare minimum but what I consider sufficient) and just chill as much as possible.

    *Sorry for the 2 deleted posts, the computer was being wierd..? I don't know why I'm EFC High SChool group... whatevs

    ReplyDelete