Tuesday, June 16, 2009

direction

now that i am officially "funemployed," as dave choi calls it, i have been thinking a LOT about my future.

there is no doubt that God led me through the teaching route to discipline and grow me. i now have a much higher "work" tolerance and level of responsibility. also, there's something to be said about going to work while feeling completely crappy (pms cramps, headache, sore throat, or just the blues...) and making it through the day, doing what needs to be done. MAN, i feel like such a grown-up.

i recently watched "revolutionary road" with steph which, while on the whole, was completely depressing, was brilliant in its portrayal of the common malaises of life. there's a quote from it:

"You want to play house you got to have a job. You want to play nice house, very sweet house, you got to have a job you don't like. "

i don't think this quote is true for everyone..... but it is, kinda. i think, for me, because my love and my passions are worship, music, and ministry, (none of which are paying my bills right now) my job will have to be one that brings in the bucks, but gives me the time i need to pursue my passions.

i feel like i came upon this notion much later in life than everyone else.

i know that God didn't give me the teaching experience and my passions to leave me here to flounder in confusion. he "knows the plans he has for us, plans to prosper us, and not to harm us, to give us a hope and a future."

so i shall pray and wait on God for each next step - and i ask for prayer from you if you think of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment